These are 9 of the Best Gadgets for Travel
Fewer things in life are more exciting than traveling. Going to a new place or revisiting a city you enjoy has to be one of the most exhilarating experiences of all time. That said, traveling can come with several inconveniences that can quickly make your trip uncomfortable.
Fortunately, you can eliminate discomfort by investing in some handy travel gadgets. There are countless accessories on the market that can not only make your trip more comfortable but enhance your experiences abroad.
How To Choose the Right Gadgets for Travel
While there are several high-quality travel gadgets on the market, finding the right one for your lifestyle isn’t always easy. Whenever shopping for a new toy to use while traveling, there are a few things you want to consider before making your decision.
Here are some things to look for when buying a gadget for your next trip:
- Durability. While travel gadgets are there to make your life convenient, many of them can break easily and cause a great deal of frustration. Make sure the product you’re getting is durable and will last you several trips.
- Features. When choosing a travel gadget, you need to think about what you’ll mostly be doing while traveling. Are you a shutterbug who wants to take a bunch of pictures? Perhaps you’re someone who likes to sit down and crack out a few hours of work during a holiday. Whatever your goals may be, find a device that’s going to make your life easier on the road.
- Brand Reputation. Today, there are countless companies selling accessories to travelers. However, not all of them carry high-quality products. Be sure to check customer reviews to ensure you’re getting your goods from a reputable seller.
- Price. Let’s face it, travel gadgets certainly aren’t cheap. While it may be tempting to go with the most inexpensive one you can find, that’s not always the best idea. It’s okay to have a budget in mind when shopping for a product, but try and find one that’s going to tick all the boxes in terms of durability and features. Paying a little extra will save you money and frustration in the future.
In this post, we’ll cover some of the most popular gadgets that you can use for your next trip. Whether you’re looking for cool phone cases, speakers for playing music on trips, or something to make remote work more comfortable, we’ve got you covered.
1. Chargeable Case
Keeping your phone charged while traveling can be quite tricky, especially at an airport where outlets are limited. A case with a built-in charger can provide all of your phone charging needs for up 18 hours, meaning you’ll never run out of juice on the road. It’s by far one of the best travel companions you can have for your smartphone.
2. A Magnetic Phone Case
A magnetic case may seem like a magician’s trick, but they utilize nano-suction capabilities that allow your phone to stick to a wide range of surfaces. This is an amazing gadget to bring on road trips as you can stick it to your car’s dashboard. Using a magnetic case is far more convenient than those pesky smartphone holders that never seem to hold your device in place.
3. Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
While most phones can get signal in major cities, the real challenge comes when you’re in more remote areas. Portable Wi-Fi hotspots can bring you Wi-Fi when you need it the most. What’s more, you won’t have to pay for expensive overseas data since you can get access to Wi-Fi virtually anywhere in the world.
4. A Travel Vacuum
Keeping your car, clothes, and goods clean can be tricky when you’re on the go. A travel vacuum offers everything a normal vacuum does, but it’s portable and designed specifically for trips. You can easily clean the inside of your suitcase, handbag, or anything that’s collected some travel debris.
5. Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Wouldn’t it be awesome to jam to some tunes while you’re exploring the outdoors? A handy Bluetooth speaker can enhance your travel experience right from your pocket. Most Bluetooth speakers are chargeable and have long battery life. Some even come with unique features and are completely waterproof. However, try not to blast your music too loud and disturb the peace when traveling in a foreign country.
6. Universal Plug Adapters
If you’ve traveled around the world, you’re probably familiar with the fact that outlets aren’t the same everywhere. The last thing you want is to arrive at your hotel before an important business meeting only to find out you can’t charge your phone or computer because the plug doesn’t fit. A universal plug adaptor will ensure you can charge all of your devices no matter where in the world you are.
7. Solar Charger
This one may not be necessary for everyone, but it will come in handy if you’re a fan of glamping and staying eco-friendly on your travels. Solar chargers harness energy from the sun to charge your devices. These are essential if you plan to spend a few days away from civilization. You can use your solar charger to charge cameras, smartphones, GPS, and a wide range of other gadgets.
8. Smartphone Cleaner
As sanitation becomes a bigger priority across the world, a smartphone cleaner keeps your phone free of germs and bacteria and can protect you from getting sick on your trip. Most smartphone cleaners will use a UV disinfectant solution to remove any harmful compounds from your phone. This is not only a good gadget to take with you when you travel, but to use at home too. It could also be a unique gift idea.
9. Portable Laptop Stand
Sometimes finding a comfortable position to work on your computer is unreasonably challenging. A laptop stand is an excellent gadget to have when traveling since it allows you to rest your computer while in bed or hovering over one of those tiny hotel desks. What’s more, elevating your laptop is much healthier for your posture.